Thursday 1 December 2011

That Christmas Feeling!

Finally it's December! I've always felt there was something wrong with celebrating Christmas in November.I can stop ignoring that Christmas feeling now though. Winter woollies, giant lattes, Christmas decorations, SNOW!!! Here are some of the best things about this time of year...

Decorations, that make even the dullest of places seem fun and warm. I even especially love the tacky ones!



Winter woollies! 

Having the fire lighting when you come in from the cold. Central heating is nice and handy for the toes first thing in the morning but there is nothing like a real fireplace!

Having both hands clutching a warm cup of of coffee or hot chocolate wherever I go :)

The Muppets! Ok this is a weird one but my Christmas begins and ends every year with watching the Muppet Christmas Carol. It's a childhood tradition that I have never gotten sick of! Try watching it if you've never seen it. If it doesn't get you in the mood for Christmas I'll be shocked!

Buying people presents! I love shopping for other peoples gifts. It's like a fun challenge trying to find them something different and perfect. I love wrapping them and writing cards and watching their reactions when I hand them over. I always get really awkward when people give me gifts, I get worried that I don't look grateful enough or feel guilty if they spent too much. 


Christmas tunes EVERYWHERE! They drive some people mad, having them playing on repeat in all the shops and everywhere you go but I love it. It just wouldn't be the same without the cheesy tunes blasting over the speakers while people are rushing around. It's an almost ironic soundtrack to the stressful shoppers struggling to get their last minute gifts. 


SNOW!!! I love everything about it. How it makes everything so beautiful, how it numbs the tips of your fingers and toes, everyone gets so excited as soon as it starts to fall! Where I live, snow in December is not always guaranteed but every year I wish for it over and over again...sometimes it works :)


Happy 1st of December!

                                       Eliza x



No comments:

Post a Comment